The HP 1820 Switch Series offers more choice and flexibility for smaller organizations that require ease of use and lower TCO, while delivering better network performance with an enhanced user experience. HP 1820 Switch Series devices are smart-managed, fixed-configuration Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switches with basic features in an easy-to-administer solution.
The series includes 8-, 24- and 48-port non-PoE and PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet models. Specific models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage:
- The HP 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by even nontechnical users, specifically designed for the smaller organization that requires simplicity.
- The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. It is comprised of six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models: 8G-, 24G- and 48G- port; three PoE+ models: 8G-, 24G- and 48G-port. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
- Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
- All 1820 Switch Series support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desktops.
- The 8-, 24- and 48-port non-PoE and the 8-port PoE+ models include a fanless design, making them ideal for office deployments.
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO:
- The HP 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-saving capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
- The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch for environments where no line power is available.
- Differentiator: Smart-managed Layer 2 switch with 48 10/100/1000 ports, 24 of which provide PoE/PoE+, and 4 SFP 100/1000 ports
(24) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports
(24) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(4) SFP 100/1000 Mbps ports
- Memory and processor:
ARM Cortex-A9 @ 400 MHz
128 MB SDRAM
Packet buffer size: 1.5 MB
16 MB flash
100 Mb Latency: < 7 µs
1000 Mb Latency: < 2 µs
- Throughput: up to 77.3 Mpps
- Switching capacity: 104 Gbps
- PoE capability: 370 W PoE+
- Management features: Web browser